Husbandry Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
The Lemur Conservation Foundation offers husbandry internships at our lemur reserve in Myakka City, Florida that include:
- Onsite housing
- Professional development opportunities
- Experience at an AZA certified-related institution
If you live in the Sarasota-Bradenton area and are interested in volunteering at our lemur reserve in Myakka City, Florida, check out these opportunities:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! The Lemur Conservation Foundation is currently working on updating and reorganizing our volunteer program. All new volunteers will be on hold until the new orientation process is in place. You are welcome to submit an application, however, we appreciate your patience during this transition period.
Support Habitat Conservation and Human Development in Madagascar
- Help address the challenges that lemurs face in Madagascar by supporting our programs on-the-ground with your donation to the Lemur Conservation Foundation. Donate today.
- Avoid purchasing rosewood and ebony furniture. Illegal loggers will stop chopping down trees in Madagascar when selling the wood is no longer profitable.
- Visit Madagascar as an eco-tourist. When lemurs contribute to livelihoods, their survival becomes a priority.
Educate friends and family about lemurs
- Spread the word to friends, family, and your community. Many people don’t know that over 95% of lemur species are threatened with extinction.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and share our posts.
- Learn more about lemurs and share what you discover. Make lemurs the topic of a science project, a book club discussion, or a club meeting.
Model Environmental Stewardship
- Conserve energy and recycle waste. Global environmental challenges such as climate change can upset the delicate balance of flora and fauna in Madagascar.
- Welcome a dog or cat in your house, but leave lemurs in the forest. Lemurs—and other primates—do not make good pets.